ALETHORPE, formerly extra-parochial, is now a parish, consisting of one farm, one mile and a half north-east from Fakenham. in the Western division of the county, Gallow hundred. Walsingham union, and Little Walsingham county court district. The living is annexed to that of Fakenham and pays £60 10s. 9d. for tithes to the rector. Sir Willoughby Jones bart. is lord of the manor and sole landowner. The land is cultivated in the usual four-course shift. The soil is various; subsoil, gravel. The area is 239 acres; rateable value, £373; and the population in 1881 was 4.Letters from Fakenham, the nearest money order office.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Little Snoring (& Alethorpe) Archeology; Site of All Saints' Church and Site of deserted nedieval village [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
And see Fakenham
More on Alethorpe [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page