1891 Census Names Index
1901 Census [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Launditch Hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Beetley postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Methodist chapel [Simon Knott]
Beetley archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Beetley [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Beetley

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, pp. 784-785

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March, 2001]

BEETLEY, a small pleasant village and parish, 3 miles N. by W. of East Dereham, has 99 houses, 422 souls, and 2,000 acres of land, chiefly the property of Chas. Lombe, Esq., Lord Sondes, Rev. Robert Hankinson, Mr. Wm. Clarke, and Mr. Jno. Francis ; the former is lord of the manor. The decayed parish of Bittering Magna was divided many years ago between Beetley and Gressenhall. The Church, dedicated to St. Mary Magdalen, is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's book at £9 7s. 11d., in the patronage of Jno. Collison, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Hy. Collison, who has a yearly rent of £500, awarded in lieu of tithes. The poor have £1 12s. a year, left by Richd. Farrar ; and £2 3s. 4d. for distributions of bread, left by one Warner. The Fuel allotment is 20a.

DIRECTORY

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, February 2001; links updated June 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
1901 Census [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Launditch Hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Beetley postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Methodist chapel [Simon Knott]
Beetley archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Beetley [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page