BITTERING PARVA, or Little Bittering, 5½ miles W. by N. of East Dereham, is a parish which keeps its poor conjointly with Beeston, and has 16 souls, and 392 acres of land, all in one farm, occupied by Mr. John Hastings, of Longham. The Church is dedicated to St. Peter, and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £2 13s. 6½d, and in 1831 at £100. It has been augmented with £800 Queen Anne's Bounty. Hy. Dover, Esq., is patron and owner of the soil, and the Rev. Chas. Goodrich is the incumbent.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, February 2001; links updated June 2010.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index for Beeston-cum-Bittering
Mitford and Launditch union
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Beeston (and Bittering) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Little Bittering (Bittering Parva) [GENUKI-NFK]