Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
Census 1768 and 1821 [GENUKI-NFK]
1891 Census Names Index
1841 Census Names Index [Val Fiddian & Honor Jones]
Holt hundred
Erpingham union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Bodham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Bodham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]

Norfolk - Bodham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, p. 769

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000]

BODHAM, 3 miles E. of Holt, is a small parish near the source of the river Glaven, comprehending 296 inhabitants, 71 houses, and 1,475 acres of land, belonging principally to John Thos. Mott, Esq., the lord of the manor, and patron of the Church; but Hudson Gurney, Esq., W. H. Windham, Esq., and the Rev. Jno. Gunton, have also estates here. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's book at £9, in the incumbency of the Rev. J. A. Partridge, who has 12a. 3r. 6p. of glebe. The poor have 20s. yearly, left by Thos. Franke, in 1669, payable out of Bodham heath, which was enclosed in 1808.

DIRECTORY


Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated January 2011.

Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
Census 1768 and 1821 [GENUKI-NFK]
1891 Census Names Index
1841 Census Names Index [Val Fiddian & Honor Jones]
Holt hundred
Erpingham union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Bodham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Bodham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]