1891 Census Names Index
South Greenhoe hundred
Swaffham union
See also West Bradenham
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845; 1864; and 1883 [all GENUKI-NFK]
East Bradenham towermill [Jonathan Neville]
Bradenham archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on East Bradenham [GENUKI-NFK]
Villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - East Bradenham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, p. 725

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000]

BRADENHAM (EAST([sic], 1½ mile W. of Shipdham, and 7 miles E. by S. of Swaffham, is a scattered village and parish, with 422 souls, 81 houses, and 2,388 acres of land, lying chiefly in the manor of Huntingfield Hall, of which T. T. Clark, Esq., is lord: but Thomas Adlington, Esq., is lord of East Bradenham and patron of the living; and here is also a small rectorial manor. The CHURCH, dedicated to St. Mary, was refitted with open seats at a cost of £200, in 1853, when the east window was beautified with stained glass at the expense of the patron of the rectory, which is valued in the King's book at £12 2s. 8d., and in 1831 at £298. The Rev. Robert Winter, M.A., is the incumbent, for whom a neat rectory house was built in 1848. The Primitive Methodists have a chapel here. The Church land is 2a. 3r. The parishioners have a common right of 5a. on the green: and the poor have a house and 2a. of land bequeathed by a Mr. Green, and now let for £12 a year, which is applied with the poor rates.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
South Greenhoe hundred
Swaffham union
See also West Bradenham
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845; 1864; and 1883 [all GENUKI-NFK]
East Bradenham towermill [Jonathan Neville]
Bradenham archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on East Bradenham [GENUKI-NFK]
Villages index
Paddy's home page