1891 Census Names Index
Shropham hundred
Guiltcross union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1863 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Bridgham Church [Local web-site]
Bridgham postmill and postmill house; Town watermill and Bridgham West watermill [Jonathan Neville]
Bridgham archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Bridgham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Bridgham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 825

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001]

BRIDGHAM, 6 miles E. by N. of Thetford, is a parish and village, in the vale of the Thet, comprising 67 houses, 339 souls, and 2,639 acres of land, mostly the property Sir T. G. S. Sebright, Bart. Wm. Cockell, and C. Harrison, Esqrs , have also estates here. The Church, dedicated to St. Mary, was new roofed in 1842. The rectory, valued in the King's book at £11 0s. 1d., and in 1831 at £400, is in the patronage of the Crown, and incumbency of the Rev. Thos. Currie, B.A., who has 22a. of glebe. The poor have £9 18s. yearly, the gift of Mr. Risley, who was rector here in 1523 ; and £6 8s. from 7a. 2r. 36p. of land, left by Dorothy Gawdy in 1791. The Fuel Allotment, awarded in 1806, comprises upwards of 300a., on which all parishioners not occupying £21 a year cut turf and ling. The Methodists have a chapel here.

DIRECTORY

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Shropham hundred
Guiltcross union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1854
White's 1845, 1863 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Bridgham Church [Local web-site]
Bridgham postmill and postmill house; Town watermill and Bridgham West watermill [Jonathan Neville]
Bridgham archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Bridgham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page