BROCKDISH, 5 miles E. of Diss, and 2½ miles W.S.W. of Harleston, is a parish and village with 103 houses, 484 inhabitants, and 1,054 acres of land. John Birkbeck, Esq., is lord of the manors of Brockdish Hall and Brockdish Earl, and owner of the hall estate, formerly the seat of Le Gry's family. Brockdish place, a handsome modern mansion of white brick, is the residence and property of Mrs. C. M. French, but Miss French is the owner of the estate (280a.) The Grove estate, formerly the seat of the Wythes, belongs to the heirs of Mr. Thomas Walne. The Church, dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, some ten years ago, was in a miserable state of neglect and decay, but works of restoration have since been in gradual progress. The edifice is chiefly constructed of flint, and consists of nave, south aisle, chancel, and a tower at the west end. Its interior has been completely renovated, and most of the old windows have given place to new ones, several of which are beautified with stained glass. A handsome font has been erected in lieu of a singular pile of stones purloined from a neighbouring tomb, and amalgamated into the required form. The bowl of the ancient font was found inverted, and set in the pavement at the chancel door. In repairing the exterior of the wall in which the piscina is situated, some Fresco painting was discovered. The restoration of the chancel took place last year, when the roof was made of a more acute pitch, and the high deal pews were superseded by solid oak stalls. The rood-screen (for cutting down which, in 1561, an entry of 14d. occurs in the old town book,) has also been repaired. The restorations and improvements that have from time to time been made during the past ten years, have entirely emanated from the munificence of the rector of the parish, the Rev. George France, M.A., who, in 1843, built a handsome rectory house in the Elizabethan style. The rectory, valued in the King's book at £10, is in the patronage of W. B. France, Esq. There are 25a. of glebe, and the tithes are commuted for £350. per annum. Here is a Methodist chapel and a small National school. The church land 7a. 0r. 30p., left by John Bacon, in 1433, is let for £17. The poor have a yearly rent of 6s. 8d., left by John Sherwood, in 1574. Post Office at Mr William Booty's; letters arrive at 8 a.m. and are despatched at 6 p.m.