BRUMSTEAD (or BRUNSTEAD) is a parish, 1 miles from Stalham station on the Eastern and Midlands railway, 5 miles north-east from Norwich and 7 south-east from North Walsham, in the Northern division of the county, Smallburgh union, Happing hundred, North Walsham county court district, rural deanery of Waxham, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich. The church of St. Peter is a small building of flint and stone: it consists of a chancel, nave, and embattled tower with 1 bell and south porch: it was re-seated and thoroughly restored in 1866. The register dates from the year 1562. The living is a discharged rectory, yearly value, tithe rent charge of £240, with 22 acres of glebe and house, in the gift of the Earl of Abergavenny and held since 1841 by the Rev. Horatio Nelson William Comyn B.A. of Caius College, Cambridge. Randell George Johnson esq. is lord of the manor and Robert Ives, esq. the principal landowner. The soil is strong stiff land; subsoil, clay, sand and gravel/ The chief crops are wheat, oats and barley. The area is 789 acres; rateable value, £1,249; and the population in 1881 was 122.
Parish Clerk, James Dexter.
Letters through Norwich. Stalham is the nearest money order & telegraph office.
This parish is contributory to the Stalham School Board