BURGH PARVA, 4 miles S.S.W. of Holt, is a decayed parish, which, from time immemorial, has been united with Melton-Constable. It contains only Burgh Hall, and 400 acres of land belonging to Lord Hastings, and occupied by Fras. L'Estrange Astley, Esq. The CHURCH was dilapidated many centuries ago; but some traces of it still remain near the hall. (See Melton-Constable).
© Transcribed by E.C. ("Paddy") Apling, December, 2001; links updated January 2010.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
New church of St. Mary [Simon Knott]
More on Burgh Parva [GENUKI-NFK]