BURGH ST. PETERor Wheatacre Burgh, a parish in the vale of the Waveney, 6 miles E. by N. of Beccles, and 12 miles S. by W. of Yarmouth, contains 74 scattered houses, 349 souls, and 2,041a. 0r. 9p. of land ; the owners of which are Sir Edward Kerrison, R. H. Gurney, Esq., and others ; the former is lord of the manor. This and the adjacent parishes in the vale of the Waveney, was anciently a large estuary, and marine stores have often been found here. The church is a venerable structure, thatched, with a singular brick tower. The living is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £7 6s. 8d., and in 1838, at £374, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. William Boycatt. The Fuel Allotment consists of 12a. 3r. 2p. awarded at the enclosure, in 1811, now let for £26 10s. per annum, and expended in coals for the poor.
Rev. Wm. Boycatt, M.A., rector ; Geo. Hammond, corn miller ;
Edward Huke, smith and beerhouse ;
Wm. Parker, vict. Marsh House ;
Arthur Tibbenham, shopkeeper.
Geo. Wm. Boon,
Benj. and James Flaxman,
Thos. Tibbenham, and