CALDECOT, commonly called Corket, is a small parish, 6 miles S.W. of Swaffham, which contains 9 houses, 47 souls, and 662 acres of land, belonging to Sir H. R. C. Bedingfield, and occupied by Mr. Edmund Oldfield, of Foulden. The Church, which was dedicated to the Virgin Mary, has long been desecrated, and but little of it now remains. The living is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £3 1s. 10d., and united with Oxborough. Mr. Henry Olfield resides at the farm house.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated January 2011.
1891 Census Names index
South Greenhoe hudnred
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Oxborough (& Caldecote) Archeology and Caldecote Archeological details [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Caldecote [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page