COLVESTON, 2 miles N. of Mundford, is a small parish with only 6 houses, 30 souls, and 750 acres of land, all belonging to William G. T. Amhurst, Esq., the lord of the manor, who has recently bought the property from Lord Berners, one of whose family built Colveston Hall, which is now occupied by labourers. The Church has been dilapidated several centuries, and not a vestige of it is now to be seen. The rectory is consolidated with Didlington; Mr. George Cracknell farms the whole parish.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, November 2000; links updated January 2010.
Sale particulars Didlington Estate, 1910.
More on Colveston [GENUKI-NFK]
Paddy's Home Page