CRANWICH gives name to a deanery, and is a parish, 6 miles N. of Brandon, with 96 souls, 16 houses, and 1,549 acres of land in one farm the property of Sir Richard Sutton, Bart. The Church, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, is a neat edifice with a round tower of great antiquity. The rectory, valued in the King's book at £8 9s. 7d., and in 1843, at £450, is in the gift of H. S. Partridge, Esq., and enjoyed by the Rev. V. E. Eyre, who has 18a. of glebe. The poor have the interest of £20, left by two donors.
Sale particulars Didlington Estate, 1910.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Cranwich Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Cranwich [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page