FERSFIELD, a parish 4½ miles W.N.W. of Diss, has 54 houses, 285 souls, and 1,356 acres of land, partly belonging to the Duke of Norfolk, the lord of the manor. The church, dedicated to St. Andrew, is a rectory valued in the King's book at £6 6s. 8d., in the patronage of the Rev. Henry S. Moneykyrle, and incumbency of the Rev. Geo. Wm. Darby, M.A., who has a yearly rent of £375, awarded in lieu of tithes, and 60a. 2r. 21p. of glebe. The church contains effigies to Sir Robert and Wm. de Blois, and a plain memorial to the Rev. Francis Blomefield, formerly rector here, who died in 1572. He published part of a " History of Norfolk," but died before it was completed. The Church Land, given by J. Ellingham, in 1493, about 22a. is let for £30.