FIELD DALLING, a parish 5 miles W. of Holt, has 91 houses, 404 inhabitants, and 1,600 acres of land, belonging to the Rev. W. Upjohn, Rev John Hy. Sparke, Messrs. Jno. Sayers, (lord of the manor,) C.B. Manning, W. L. Rix, Wm. Walker, and several smaller owners. The Church, dedicated to St. Andrew, has a tower and five bells, and the living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the King's book at £5 8s. 1d., enjoyed by the Rev. Wm. Upjohn, M.A. The impropriate tithes were commuted in 1839 for £354, and the vicarial for £159. Here formerly was an alien Priory or cell, the site of which is a small manor, belonging to the Dean and Chapter of Norwich. The Fuel Allotment, 24a. 1r. 5p. is let for £20. The poor have also 2a. 2r. 26p. of land, left by C. Ringer, in 1678, now let for £3 15s.
Crafer Mr. Hy.
Gravling Eliz. straw bonnet mkr
Howman Wm. grocer & draper
Loades Jno. blacksmith
Platten Jno. vict. Jolly Farmers Porter Robt. vict. Plough Simpson Mr. Thos.
Stonex Wm. wheelwright
Upjohn Rev. Wm. M.A. Vicar Williams Jno. grocer & drpr
Winn Mr. Timothy