Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1854
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Fishley archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Fishley [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]

Norfolk - Fishley

Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, 1883, pp. 316-317.

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © E.C."Paddy" Apling]

FISHLEY is a parish, united in 1831 with Upton for parochial purposes, 12 miles east from Norwich, 9 west from Yarmouth, 1 miles from Acle station, in the Southern division of the county, Walsham hundred, Blofield union, Norwich county court district, rural deanery of Blofield, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich. The church of St. Mary is an old stone building, comprising chancel, nave and round tower; in 1861 it was thoroughy repaired. The register dates from the year 1556. The living is a rectory, yearly value 141 with residence, and four acres of gebe, in the gift of Miss Edwards and held since 1880 by the Rev. David Thomas Barry. Miss Edwards is the chief landowner. The soil is good mixed; subsoil, gravel and clay. The chief crops are wheat, barle and oats. The area is 476 acres; rateable value and population given with Upton.—Letters received from Norwich. Acle is the nearest money order & telegraph office
 

Transcription Copyright © E.C. ("Paddy") Apling, February 2011.

Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1854
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Fishley archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Fishley [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]