FISHLEY, 7½ miles W.N.W. of Yarmouth, is a decayed parish united with Upton for the support of the poor and roads, and contains only 4 souls, and 466 a. 2r. 10p. of land, belonging to, and occupied by the Rev. Edwd. Marsham, who is also patron and incumbent of the rectory, valued in the King's book at £5, and in 1841 at £141. There are 4a. 3r. 10p. of glebe land. The Church is dedicated to St. Mary. John Yallow is farm bailiff.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, September 2002; links updated February 2011.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Norwich county court
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Fishley archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Fishley [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]