Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Depwade hundred
Depwade union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Fundenhall postmill [Jonathann Neville]
Ashwellthorpe (& Fundenhall) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Fundenhall [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]

Norfolk - Fundenhall

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 354

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2002.]

FUNDENHALL, a parish and village, 9 miles S.S.W. of Norwich, contains 71 houses, 369 souls, and 1,344a. 1r. 32p. of land, the property of several proprietors, the chief of whom are, Lord Berners, lord of the manor of Fundenhall-cum-Hapton, and T. T. Berney, Esq., impropriator of the tithes and patron of the church, which is dedicated to St. Nicholas. The living is a donative, valued at £21 a year, now held by the Rev. Wm. B. Hurnard. Mr. Wm. Howes is lord of the rectory manor. In the church were formerly the guilds of St. Nicholas, and the Virgin Mary. The Fuel allotment 5 acres, awarded at the enclosure in 1814, produces £6 10s. a year.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter December 2002; links updated May 2010.

Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Depwade hundred
Depwade union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Fundenhall postmill [Jonathann Neville]
Ashwellthorpe (& Fundenhall) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Fundenhall [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]