GASTHORPE, formerly Gatesthorpe, is a small parish in the vale of the Little Ouse, comprising 103 inhabitants, 18 houses, and 825 acres of land, the property of Thos. Thornhill, Esq., lord of the manor and patron of the CHURCH, dedicated to St Nicholas, which has long been in ruins, and its rectory consolidated with Riddlesworth. The glebe is 21a. The poor have 20s. yearly left by Dorothy Gawdy in 1660.