GLANDFORD, 2 miles S. from Blakeney, and 3½ miles N.W. of Holt, is a small parish with 18 houses, 94 souls, and 330 acres of land, but the parish of Bayfield is united with it for the support of the poor, and they contain together 112 souls, and 1,140a. of land. Mrs. J. E. Best is the owner and lady of the manor. The Church is dedicated to St. Martin, and the nave has long been in ruins, but the tower is nearly entire. The chancel was restored in 1841, and Divine service is performed in it every Sunday evening. The perpetual curacy is consolidated with Cockthorpe and Blakeney rectory, and has 11a. 1r. of glebe. The tithes were commuted in 1839 for £94 9s. 5d. per annum.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated January 2011.
1891 Census Names Index
1841 Census Names Index [Val Fiddian & Honor Jones]
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Letheringsett with Glandford Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Glandford Watermill [Jonathan Neville]
More on Glandford [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page