1891 Census Names Index
Loddon hundred
Loddon & Clavering Union
Norwich county court
Kelly's 1886
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Langley with Hardley Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Hardley postmill and drainage mill [Jonathan Neville]
Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
More on Hardley [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Hardley

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 520

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001]

HARDLEY, 2½ miles E. of Loddon, and 12 miles E.S.E. of Norwich, has in its parish 255 souls, 52 houses, and 1,460 acres of land, belonging mostly to Sir W. B. Proctor, the lord of the manor. Hardley Cross, near a Staith, is the boundary of the jurisdictions of Norwich and Yarmouth on the river. The Church, dedicated to St. Margaret, has a round tower and three bells; the patronage of the curacy, certified at £40, is vested in the trustees of the Great Hospital, Norwich, and enjoyed by the Rev. Thos. White Holmes, of Loddon. The tithes were commuted in 1842, for £312. There are 6a. 2r. 25p. of church land, let for £11 a year. The Methodists have a chapel here.

DIRECTORY

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001; links updated January 2011.

1891 Census Names Index
Loddon hundred
Loddon & Clavering Union
Norwich county court
Kelly's 1886
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Hardley postmill and drainage mill [Jonathan Neville]
Langley with Hardley Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
More on Hardley [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page