1891 Census Names Index
Shropham hundred
Wayland union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Hargham postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Archeology of Snetterton (& Hargham) [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Hargham [GENUKI-NFK]
Archeology of Snetterton (& Hargham) [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Hargham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Hargham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, pp. 828-829

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001]

Note: The place is pronounced Harf'em

HARGHAM, 3 miles S.S.W. of Attleborough, is a small parish with only 17 houses, 84 souls, and 1,336 acres of land, all the property of Sir Thos. Branwayt Beevor, Bart., who resides at the Hall, an ancient mansion with pleasant grounds. His predecessor was created a baronet in 1784. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is partly dilapidated ; and its rectory, valued in the King's book at £4 4s. 2d., is consolidated with Wilby.

DIRECTORY

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Shropham hundred
Wayland union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
White's 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Hargham postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Archeology of Snetterton (& Hargham) [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Hargham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page