1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Hemblington archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Wikipedia entry
More on Hemblington [GENUKI-NFK}
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Hemblington

Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, 1883, p. 339.

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © E.C."Paddy" Apling]

HEMBLINGTON is a village and parish 3 miles north-east from Brundall station and 7 east-by-north from Norwich, in the Southern division of the county, Walsham hundred, Blofield union, Norwich county court district, rural deanery of Blofield and archdeaconry and diocese of Norwich. The church of All Saints is a small rubble building, consisting of chancel, nave and round tower. The register dates from the year 1551. The living is a vicarage, yearly value 80, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Norwich and held since 1866 by he Rev. Waldo Cholmeley, of St. Bees, who is also vicar of and resides at South Walsham. The trustees of the late H. N. Burroughes esq. who are lords of he manor, and William Heath Jary esq J.P. are the principal landowners. The soil is mixed; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley and roots. The area is 739 acres; rateable value, 1,302; the population in 1881 was 236.



Letters through Norwich. The nearest money order & telegraph office is at Blofield

Transcription © Copyright E.C.("Paddy") Apling, August 2007; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Hemblington archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Wikipedia entry
More on Hemblington [GENUKI-NFK}
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page