HOLME NEXT THE SEA, 9 miles W. of Burnham Market, is a parish and village, with 60 houses, 300 souls, and 1,681 acres of land, including 284a. of common, 140 salt marsh and 60 warren, lying in several manors, held by Hy. L'Estrange Styleman Le Strange, Esq., and A. Blyth, Esq.; the former is impropriator, and the latter and M. T. Nelson, Esq., have neat mansions here. The CHURCH, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, was formerly much larger ; it has a square tower, built by Hy. Notynham, an itinerant judge in the reign of Henry V. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the King's book at £6 13s. 4d, consolidated with that of Thornham, in the alternate patronage of the Bishop of Norwich, and Thos. Ewen, Esq. The Rev. N. J. Raven, M.A., is the incunbent, and has 22a. of glebe. In 1762, the living was augmented with £200 Queen Anne's bounty. The joint vicarages were valued in 1831 at £420. The great tithes were commuted in 1844 for £283, and the vicarial for £170. The Poor's Allotment, 11a. 2r. 35p., awarded in 1827, in lieu of the Old Poor's land, is let for £18. The vicar erected a school on a piece of glebe land in 1848, and pays for the education of the poor children.
1891 Census Names Index
Kelly's 1883 http://www.origins.org.uk/genuki/NFK/places/h/holme_next_sea/white1845.shtml">White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Holme-next-the-sea postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Holme archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Holme-next-the-Sea [GENUKI-NFK]
Paddy's Home Page