HOLME NEXT RUNCTON, a parish and small scattered village, 4 miles N. of Downham, has 328 souls, 59 houses, and 1,012 acres of land, chiefly belonging to Sir W. J. H. B. Ffolkes, Bart., and the executors of the late R. Peel, Esq., the latter of whom are lords of the manor, and patrons of the Church, dedicated to St. James, which has recently been beautified with a stained glass window, in memory of the late curate, the Rev. E. J. R. Hughes, given by the Rev. C. D. Wray, the incumbent. The rectory is consolidated with South Runcton and Wallington, and their joint value in 1831 was £595. The church land is let for £3. The poor have £6 from 2½a., left by Elizabeth Hewitt ; the interest of £10 left by Thos. Towers ; and £4 per annum left by Thos. Taylor.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Archeology of Runcton Holme [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
More on Runcton Holme [GENUKI-NFK]