1891 Census Names Index
Launditch Hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Horningtoft postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Horningtoft Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Local web-site
More on Horningtoft [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Horningtoft

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 791

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, April, 2001]

HORNINGTOFT, a small scattered parish, 5 miles S. by E. of Fakenham, has 267 souls, 63 houses, and 1,386a. 22p. of land, including 150a. of wood ; the property of several proprietors, but Mrs. Ann Talbot is lady of the manor. The Church, dedicated to St. Edmund, is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £6. 17s. 8d., and in 1840 at £335, and consolidated with that of Whissonset [sic], in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. E. C. Kemp, who has 28a. 1r. 1p. of glebe. The Parish land consists of 2a. on which are two cottages.

DIRECTORY—
John Hannent, blacksmith ;
Philip Raven, vict. Hurdle ;
Jph. Strange, beerhouse ;
and
Thos. Applegate,
Robt. Baker (and butcher) ;
Sarah Bradfield,
Benj. Branford, Manor hs ;
Stephen Drew,
Edw. Phillipo, and
Robt. Webster (and baker), farmers.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, April, 2001; links updated June 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Launditch Hundred
Mitford & Launditch union Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Horningtoft postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Horningtoft Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Local web-site
More on Horningtoft [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page