ILLINGTON is a parish, 5 miles W.N.W. of East Harling, with 20 houses, 111 souls, and 1,250 acres of land, all the property of Robert Killett, Esq., the lord of the manor and patron of the rectory, valued in the King's book at £6 19s. 2d., and in 1831 at £140. The Church, a small fabric, with a square tower and three bells, has recently been thoroughly repaired, and contains an inscription to Sir John Churchman, Knight. A neat rectory house has also been built, and is now occupied by the Rev. Henry W. O. Polhill, M.A., the incumbent. Mr. Francis Hamond Gates resides at the Hall, and farms the whole parish.