INTWOOD, a small parish intersected by the E.C. railway, 3½ miles S.W. by S. of Norwich, comprises only 13 houses, 73 souls, and 530 acres of land, belonging to Jph. Salisbury Muskett, Esq., who is also lord of the manor, and patron of the Church, and resides at Intwood Hall, a handsome mansion, which he rebuilt some years ago. In 1549, Sir Thos. Gresham entertained the great Earl of Warwick here, on his march against the rebels, associated under Kett. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £5, and in 1831, at £350, with that of Keswick annexed to it. The Rev. E. S. Dixon is the incumbent.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Norwich county court
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Keswick (& Intwood) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Intwood [GENUKI-NFK]