KILVERSTONE, 1¼ mile E. of Thetford, is a parish in the vale of the river Thet, comprising 36 souls, 8 houses, and 1,869 acres of sandy land, the property of Mrs. E. Wright, who resides at the Hall, a neat mansion, pleasantly situated in a park. The Church, is a small edifice with a round tower ; and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £7 14s. 9d., in the gift of the Lord Chancellor, and incumbency of the Rev. John Moore of Thetford, who has 26a. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £140 in lieu of tithes.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, June 2002; links updated February 2010.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Kilverstone archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Kilverstone [GENUKI-NFK]