1891 Census Names Index
Launditch Hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Lexham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Local website
More on West Lexham [GENUKI-NFK]
and see East Lexham
Paddy's Home Page
Village Index

Norfolk - West Lexham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, p. 792

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000]

LEXHAM (WEST), a small parish and village on the Dereham and Fakenham road, 3 miles W. of Litcham ; has 125 souls, 24 houses, and 1,128a. of land, the property of the Earl of Leicester. The Church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small edifice ; and the living is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £5 11s. 8d., and in 1831 at £156. Lord Wodehouse is patron, and the Rev. Jno. A. Coghlan, incumbent. The glebe is 58a. The Poor's Wood, about 5a., is cut annually for fuel. The poor have £2 from Alee's [sic. Allee's] Charity.

The principal residents are

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated February 2011.

1891 Census Names Index
Launditch Hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Lexham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Local website
More on West Lexham [GENUKI-NFK]
and see East Lexham
Paddy's Home Page
Village Index