LITTLE RYBURGH is a parish situated near the Ryburgh station, 3 miles east-south-east from Fakenham, on the banks of the river Wensum, in the Western division of the county, Gallow hundred. Walsingham union, and county court district, rural deanery of Burnham, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich. The church, which was dedicated to All Saints, is now in ruins. The living is a vicarage annexed to Great Ryburgh, joint yearly value £600, in the gift of Charles Meaburn Tatham esq. of Lincoln's Inn, and held since 1859 by the Rev. George Edmund Tatham M.A. of Merton College, Oxford, rural dean of Brisley with Toftrees, who resides at Great Ryburgh. Here is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. Here is a fuel allotment of 13 acres, let for £10 yearly. The tustees of the late Frederick Augustus Morse Boycott esq. who are lords of the manor, and the Rev. Philip Francis, of Stibbard, are the principal landowners. The soil is various; subsoil, clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley and oats. The area is 740 acres; rateable value. £1,350; and the population in 1881 was 182.
Letters through Fakenham, the nearest money order & telegraph office
The children nattend school at Great Ryburgh
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Ryburgh Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Little Ryburgh [GENUKI-NFK]
Paddy's home page