1891 Census Names Index
Mitford hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Kelly's 1883
Mattishall Burgh postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Mattishall archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Mattishall Burgh

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 815

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March 2001]

MATTISHALL BURGH is a small parish 1 mile N.E. of Mattishall, which contains 44 dispersed houses, 225 souls, and 605 acres of land, lying in the manors of Whinburgh, Mattishall, Tuddenham, and Bellhouse Hall ; but belonging chiefly to the Rev. J. H. Sparke and the Rev. J. Shuldham, of Wood Norton. The Church is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £3 15s. 10d., and consolidated with Hockering. The tithes were commuted in 1839, for £200. The Church Land, 5a. 2r. 3p., is let for £9. The Fuel Allotment, 18a. 3r. 30p., is let for about £22, which is expended in coals for the poor. The poor have also £10 10s. from Mary Thornton's Charity, and £2 4s. 4d. from the bequests of W. Mowting, Robert Harleston, and Mr. Barnham.

DIRECTORY

James Sendall, vict. Cross Keys ;
and
Robert Bowman,
Stephen Dunthorn,
William Fuller,
James Nelson,
Robert Norton,
Peter and Samuel, and Philip Tooley, and
Thomas Wilkinson, farmers.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March 2001; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Mitford hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
Kelly's 1883
Mattishall Burgh postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Mattishall archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page