Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Forehoe hundred
Forehoe Incorporation
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
The Morley St Peter Hoard [Wymondham College]
Morley Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Morley St Peter [GENUKI-NFK]
Parish Register information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
and see Morley St Botolph

Norfolk - Morley St. Peter

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 477

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2002.]

MORLEY ST. PETER, a parish 3½ miles S.W. of Wymondham, has 33 houses, 147 souls, and 1.009a. of land, mostly belonging to J. T. G Browne, Esq., the lord of the manor, who resides at Morley House, a handsome mansion of white brick, erected about fifteen years ago, which commands extensive views over fine grounds, well studded with timber. The old Hall, formerly the seat of the Sedley family, is surrounded by a deep moat. The Church is a very small structure, and its curacy has long been consolidated with the rectory of St. Botolph, which is considered the mother church of both parishes.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2002; links updated May 2010.

Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Forehoe hundred
Forehoe Incorporation
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
The Morley St Peter Hoard [Wymondham College]
Morley Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Morley St Peter [GENUKI-NFK]
Parish Register information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
and see Morley St Botolph