1891 Census Names Index
Loddon hundred
Loddon & Clavering Union
Bungay & Beccles county court district
Kelly's 1883
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Mundham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Mundham postmill [Jonathan Neville]
More on Mundham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Mundham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, p. 524

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000]

MUNDHAM, 9½ miles S.E. by S. of Norwich, is a pleasant village and parish, comprising 293 souls, 70 houses, and 1,528 acres of land, mostly belonging to G. S. Kett, Jonth. Farrow, and the Trustees of Edward Clarke, Esqrs. The former is lord of the manor of Dickleburgh-Manclere, and here is also a rectorial manor, belonging with the great tithes and the advowson to the Trustees of the Great Hospital, Norwich. The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, contains some interesting specimens of Norman architecture, and the living is a perpetual curacy, valued in 1831 at £148, in the incumbency of the Rev. J. T. Burt, M.A., of Seething. Here was anciently another church, dedicated to St. Ethelbert, some remains of which are still to be seen. The tithes were commuted in 1842 for £442. The Poor's Allotment consists of 3a. 2r. 16p., and the poor have also the yearly rent-charges of 20s., left by Thos. Spooner, and 10s. left by an unknown donor.

DIRECTORY

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated January 2011.

1891 Census Names Index
Loddon hundred
Loddon & Clavering Union
Bungay & Beccles county court district
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Mundham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Mundham postmill [Jonathan Neville]
More on Mundham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page