NORTH LYNN is a decayed parish, 1 mile north-west from Lynn, in the Western division of the county, Freebridge Marshlamd hundred and King's Lynn union and county court district. There is no church. The living is annexed to that of St. Margaret's, Lynn, at which church the inhabitants attend. The Duke of Rutland is lord of the manor and principal landowner. The soil is loam and clay; subsoil, clay and silt. The chief crops are wheat,oats, beans and peas. The area is 1,205 acres, of which 435 are water; rateable value, £1,049; the population in 1881 was 91.Letters received from Lynn, which is the nearest money order & telegraph office.
SOUTH LYNN forms part of the town of LYNN, which see.
Note South Lynn is in Lynn union.
1891 Census Names Index for for North Lynn, and South Lynn
More about North Lynn [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page