Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Walsham hundred
Blofield Union
Norwich county court
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Panxworth postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Panxworth arhceology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Panxworth [GENUKI-NFK]

Norfolk - Panxworth

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 562

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, September 2002.

PANXWORTH, a parish and small rural village, 9 miles N.E. of Norwich, contains 29 houses, 134 souls, and 600 acres of land, united with Ranworth for the support of the poor. J. Kerrison, and H. N. Burroughes, Esqrs., are the principal land owners, and the former is lord of the manor. The old Church, dedicated to All Saints, had long been dilapidated, and nothing remained of it but the tower, standing in an arable field ; but in 1847, a new Church was erected, and attached to it at a cost of about £500, raised by voluntary subscriptions. The benefice is a rectory valued in the King's book at £6, and has been consolidated with Woodbastwick since 1699. The tithes were commuted for £151 15s. 9d., and there are 32a. 2r. 30p. of glebe land. Here is a small day and Sunday school.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, September 2002; links updated February 2011.

Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
Walsham hundred
Blofield Union
Norwich county court
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845, 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Panxworth postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Panxworth arhceology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Panxworth [GENUKI-NFK]