PUDDING NORTON is a small parish about 1½ miles south from Fakenham in the Western division of the county, Gallow hundred. Walsingham union, county court district, rural deanery of Toftrees, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich. The church of St. Margaret fell into ruins many years ago, but parts of the tower and church remain. The living is a sinecure rectory, in the gift of A. W. Biddulph esq. and held since 1883 by the Rev. Harry Percy Atkinson M.A. of Hertford College, Oxford. The trustees of the late Frederick Augustus Morse Boycott are lords of the manor and owners of the entire parish. The soil is chiefly a rich loam; subsoil, clay; producing excellent barley, wheat and green crops. The parish contains 840 acres; rateable value, £1,001; the population in 1881 was 32.Letters through Fakenham, the nearest money order & telegraph office.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Pudding Norton Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Pudding Norton [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page