RAYNHAM (SOUTH), orRaynham St. Martin, 5 miles S.W. by S. of Fakenham, has in its parish 32 houses, 155 souls, and 1,033 acres of land, nearly all the property of Capt. John Townshend, R.N., the lord of the manor, impropiator, and patron of the Church, which is dedicated to St. Martin, and is a vicarage, valued in the King's book at £6, and consolidated with Helhoughton, in the incumbency of the Rev. Hy. T. Lee, M.A. It was augmented in 1810 with £200 Queen Anne's Bounty. The poor have £3 6s. 8d. yearly from Lady Berkeley's charity. Post Office at Jas. Harper's ; letters arrive at 9 a.m., and are despatched at 5.15 p.m.
1891 Census Names Index
Raynham Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on South Raynham [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe and Andrew Rivett]
And see East Raynham and West Raynham
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page