1891 Census Names Index
Mitford hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [both GENUKI-NFK]
More on Reymerston [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Andrew Rivett & Geoff Lowe]
Return to villages index
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Reymerstone

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, p. 815

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, May 2000]

REYMERSTONE, 3 miles N. of Hingham, is a pleasant village, with 69 mostly detached houses, 340 souls, and 1,624 acres of land, chiefly the property of Brampton Gurdon, Esq., and George Latham Press, Esq.: the former is lord of the manor called Colvelly Hall; and the latter resides at the New Hall, a handsome brick mansion recently erected. The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's book at £11 3s. 6d., in the patronage of B. Gurdon, Esq., and incumbency of the Rev. Philip Gurdon, who has 18a. 29p. of glebe, and a yearly rent of £471 8s., awarded in 1839, in lieu of tithes. The lord of the manor erected a National school here in 1844. The Church Land, 12a., is let for £16 10s. The Fuel Allotment, 14a. 28p., awarded in 1798, is let for £21. The Old Poor's Land, 1a. 2r. 16p., is let for £2 10s. The poor have also 12s. a year, left by William Mowting and an unknown donor.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, May 2000; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Mitford hundred
Mitford & Launditch union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [both GENUKI-NFK]
More on Reymerston [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Andrew Rivett & Geoff Lowe]
Return to villages index
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page