RIDLINGTON, a parish, 4½ miles E. of North Walsham, has 256 souls, 52 houses, and 601 acres of land, belonging chiefly to E. G. Cubitt, Esq., Mr. Sml. Nash, and John Bush ; but Martin Jas. Shepheard, Esq., of North Walsham, is the lord of the manor. About 80a. are titheable to Walcot The Church, dedicated to St. Peter, has a square tower, with figures of the Evangelists, serving as pinnacles. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's book at £4 6s. 8d., and in 1831 at £210 with East Ruston vicarage annexed to it, in the alternate patronage of Lord Wodehouse, and the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The Rev. J. W. Flavell, incumbent.
Reuben Bacon, parish clerk ;
Benj. Clements, shoemaker;
Wm. Engall, vict. Plough;
Rev. Jno. Webb Flavell, rector ;
Thos. Green, and Simon Shreeve, tailors ;
Rev. Rd. Holmes, vicar of Happisburgh ;
Mr. Thos. Chiney Lewis ;
Eliz. Self, shopkeeper ;
Samuel Nash, and
Wm. Newman, farmers.