1891 Census Names Index
Shropham hundred
Wayland union
Kelly's 1883; and 1937
White's 1845; and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Roudham Church [Local web-site]
Roudham archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Roudham [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Roudham

Francis White's History, Gazetteer, and Directory, of Norfolk 1854, p. 831

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001]

ROUDHAM is a small parish, 2½ miles W. of East Harling, which contains 27 houses, 140 souls, and 2,025 acres of sandy land, in two farms, occupied by John Brooks and Robert Green. One house and 110a. is the property of H. D. Hemsworth, Esq. ; and the rest belongs to Sir T. G. S. Sebright, Bart., the lord of the manor and patron of the vicarage, valued in the King's book at £4 16s. 5½d,, and now enjoyed by the Rev. Thomas Currie, B.A., of Bridgham, where the inhabitants attend the church, their own Church being destroyed by fire more than a century ago, though some of its ruined walls are still standing.

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2001; links updated February 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Shropham hundred
Wayland union
Kelly's 1883; and 1937
White's 1845; and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Roudham Church [Local web-site]
Roudham archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Roudham [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page