ROXHAM parish, 4 miles S.E. by E. of Downham, has only 45 souls, and about 700 acres of land, belonging to E. R. Pratt, Esq., and in two farms, occupied by Robert Gilling and Henry Norbourn. The Church went to decay several centuries ago, when its curacy was consolidated with Ryston. Here are still some traces of a moat, which anciently encompassed a house, called Walpole House.
Transcribed by © E C Apling, December, 2000; links updated May 2010.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Marriages (1725-1812) [Alan Gresley]
Ryston Archeology(including Roxham) [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Roxham [GENUKI-NFK]
Paddy's home page