1891 Census Names Index
Clackclose hundred
Downham Union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
South Runcton postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Runcton Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
and see Runcton Holme and North Runcton
More on South Runcton [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - South Runcton

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, pp. 635-6

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, February, 2001]

RUNCTON SOUTH, 4 miles N. by E. of Downham, is a parish with 152 souls, 28 houses, and 800 acres of land, mostly the property of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, the gift of Dr. Caius. The Church, dedicated to St. Andrew, was repaired in 1836, at the cost of £300. The rectory, valued in the King's book at £12, is consolidated with those of Holme and Wallington. A National School was erected in 1839. The poor have 15s. yearly from a small plot of land, and £2 per annum left by Thos. Taylor.

DIRECTORY

Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, February 2001; with minor correction and links last updated May 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Clackclose hundred
Downham Union
Kelly's 1883
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
South Runcton postmill [Jonathan Neville]
Runcton Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
and see North Runcton
More on South Runcton [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page