SHARRINGTON parish, 3 miles W.S.W. of Holt, comprises 52 houses, 234 souls, and 831 acres of land, chiefly the property of Sir. R. P. Jodrell, Bart., the lord of the manor, and patron of the rectory, which is valued in the King's book at £10, and consolidated with Saxlingham. The Church is dedicated to All Saints, and the tithes are commuted for £300. At the junction of three roads are the remains of an ancient cross.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, April, 2001; links updated January 2011.
1891 Census Names Index
Will of John Bullen
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Brinton (& Sharrington) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
Sharrington Church [Norfolk Coast Co.]
More on Sharrington [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page