SHINGHAM, a small parish, 4 miles S.W. of Swaffham, has 67 souls, 12 houses, and 1,000 acres of land, all in one farm, occupied by Mr. Jno. Newman, and the property of the trustees of the late Fielding, Esq. The Church, dedicated to St. Bardolph, is a rectory, values in the King's book at £4 6s. 8d., and consolidated with Beechamwell All Saints. It was augmented with £200, Queen Anne's bounty, in 1794, and the tithes were commuted in 1839 for £98 per annum.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated May 2010.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 [GENUKI-NFK]
White's 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Beechamwell Archeology (including Shingham) [Norfolk Hertage Explorer]
More on Shingham [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page