STANFIELD parish, 5½ miles N.W. by N. of East Dereham, has 243 souls, 57 houses, and 926a. 3r. 12p. of land, the property of the Rev. Robt. Hankinson, Jno. Collison, Esq., Mr. Francis Frohawk, and a few smaller owners. The Church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is a discharged rectory, valued in the King's book at £6 14s. 2d., and in 1831 at £264, in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. Jas. Royle, who built the rectory house. The glebe is 17a. The Fuel Allotment, 8a., is let for £7, and a cottage belonging to the parish is occupied by a poor person. The E. C. Railway (Fakenham branch) runs within 3 miles of the village, and has a station at Elmham.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, April, 2001; links updated June 2010.
1891 Census Names Index
JERMY family (and murder) [Colin Jermy]
Mitford & Launditch union
White's 1845; 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Stanfield Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Stanfield [GENUKI-NFK]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page