1891 Census Names Index
Grimshoe hundred
Swaffham union
Bagmore Farm
Kelly's 1883; and 1925
White's 1845; and 1883
Whites's 1864 [GENUKI-NFK]
Book review ("A Norfolk Woman")
Stanford Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Stanford [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Stanford

Francis White's History, Gazetteer and Directory of Norfolk 1854, p. 754

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000]

STANFORD parish, 6 miles S.W. of Watton, has 31 houses, 180 souls, and 2,183 acres of light sandy land, the property of Lord Walsingham, the lord of the manor. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is a small edifice, with an octagonal tower, lately rebuilt by Lord Walsingham; the north aisle and chancel have also been rebuilt, and it has been repewed, and a new pulpit and reading desk added, and the floor covered with ornamental tiles. The Bishop of Norwich is appropriator of the great tithes, and patron of the vicarage, valued in the King's book at £5 13s. 1d. It has been augmented with £400 Queen Anne's Bounty, and is enjoyed by the Rev. F. W. Mant.

DIRECTORY


Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, December 2000; links updated November 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
Grimshoe hundred
Swaffham union
Bagmore Farm
Kelly's 1883; and 1925
White's 1845; and 1883
Whites's 1864 [GENUKI-NFK]
Book review ("A Norfolk Woman")
Stanford Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Stanford [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page