STIBBARD, 4 miles E. of Fakenham, is a parish and village of scattered houses, containing 478 souls, and 1,421 acres of land, rising in bold undulations, and partly the property of E. Wodehouse, Esq., M.P., the lord of the manor ; but some of it is in John B. Gill, Esqr.'s manor of Stibbard-Docking ; and the Kerslake, Francis, King, Rump, and other families have estates here. Hobby's Hole, and another farm, belong to Mr. Thos. Emery. The Church, dedicated to All Saints, is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £11 13s. 4d., and consolidated with Colkirk, in the gift of the Marquis of Townshend, and incumbency of the Rev. Ralph Tatham, D.D. The glebe is 23a. 3r. 19p. The Wesleyans have a chapel here. The Fuel allotment, 22a. 3r. 19p., let for about £25, was awarded at the enclosure in 1808, when the Town Land, held by the overseers, was exchanged for 6a. 1r. 33p. The poor have a yearly sum of 26s. 8d. left by one Pearce.
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845; 1864 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
More on the Wodehouse family [GENUKI-NFK]
Stibbard Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Stibbard [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Paddy's Home Page