1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Tattersett (& Tatterford) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Tatterford [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page

Norfolk - Tatterford

Kelly's Directory for Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk, 1883, p. 515.

[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © E.C."Paddy" Apling]

TATTERFORD is a parish about 4 miles west-soth-west from Fakenham station, and three quarters of a miles from Raynham Park station on the Eastern and Midlands railway, in the Western division of the county, Gallow hundred. Walsingham union and county court district, rural deanery of Burnham, archdeaconry of Norfolk and diocese of Norwich. The church of St. Margaret was rebuilt in 1862, in the Early English style, and consists of chancel and nave. The register dates from the year 1589. The living is a rectory, with that of Tattersett annexed, joint yearly value £685, in the gift of J. S. Scott-Chad esq. and held since 1883 by the Rev. John Reynold Lane M.A. of Trinity College, Oxford. Drury's charity of £1 10s. yearly is for fuel. Pinkney Hall is the residence of John Stoneheweer Scott-Chad, esq J.P. who is lord of the manor and chief landowner. The soil is sand, loam and peat; subsoil clay. The crops are wheat, barley, roots and grass. The parish contains 950 acres; rateable value, £1,430; and the population in 1881 was 89.

Letters received through Swaffham, viā Rougham. East Reedham [sic. surely East Rudham?] is the nearest money order & telegraph office

© Transcribed by E.C. ("Paddy") Apling, February 2009; links updated November 2010.

1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845 and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Tattersett (& Tatterford) Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Tatterford [GENUKI-NFK]
More Parish Information [Geoff Lowe & Andrew Rivett]
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page