[Complete entry. Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March 2001]
THEMELTHORPE, 3 miles W.N.W. of Reepham, is a small parish, containing 93 souls, 20 houses, and 652a. 3r. 23p. of land, mostly the property of S. Leeds, Esq., Sir R. P. Jodrell, Bart., and Lord Hastings ; the latter is lord of the manor and patron of the Church, which is dedicated to St. Andrew, and is a rectory, valued in the King's book at £4 2s. 8d., and consolidated with that of Bintree ; in the incumbency of the Rev. Augustus Dashwood. There are 19a. 1r. of glebe; and the tithes were commuted in 1841 for £135 per annum. The common was enclosed in 1811.
Transcription Copyright © the late A.J. Carter, March 2001; links updated January 2011.
Return to villages index
Paddy's home page
1891 Census Names Index
White's 1845; and 1883 [GENUKI-NFK]
Themelthorpe Archeology [Norfolk Heritage Explorer]
More on Themelthorpe [GENUKI-NFK]
Marriott's Way (Long-distance footpath from Themelthorpe to Aylsham) [Peter Boggis]